Monday, July 14, 2008

The Downtown Art Community Continues to Grow

I was thrilled to attend the opening of the new Phyllis Stein Art Gallery on July 10. The gallery already is doing a great job of supporting local talent, as well as giving back to the community. Phyllis Stein Art is a great example of how the downtown area keeps growing and offering eclectic cultural amenities. After the ribbon cutting ceremony at Phyllis Stein Art Gallery, my wife Richelle and I decided to take a tour of some of the galleries participating in the monthly event. I was thrilled to see thousands of people walking from gallery to gallery. Downtown L.A. is truly going through an artistic revitalization! What I saw confirmed my thoughts about revitalizing the Broadway Corridor and validates even more my Bringing Back Broadway initiative. I am confident that Broadway is going to become one of the most important cultural centers in the city of Los Angeles. I invite everyone to enjoy the Art Walk from noon to 9 p.m. the second Thursday of every month for a self-guided tour that showcases commercial art galleries, museums, and nonprofit venues in downtown.