Saturday, September 26, 2009

State of Eagle Rock Solid at TERA Meeting

On Wednesday, I delivered my “State of the Town Address” to The Eagle Rock Association (TERA). TERA has been advocating on behalf of Eagle Rock for more than 20 years and it’s always an honor for me to spend some time with them. I want to thank them for hosting for this event. We had a nice turnout as I updated folks on some of the issues I’ve been working on, such as pushing forward on hearing medical marijuana hardship exemption cases throughout my district. At my urging, the City has heard more hardship exemptions in Council District 14 than any other Council office and I thanked Eagle Rock residents for their help in leading me to move to strike the hardship exemption clause from the Interim Control Ordinance. We also talked about LAPD’s Northeast Division ranking 1st in crime reduction City-wide with homicides down 56 percent and violent crime down 10 percent. And after Wednesday mornings multi-agency law enforcement sweep throughout the Northeast led to the arrests of 78 alleged gang members, some alleged to be responsible in the killing of L.A. Sheriff’s Deputy Juan Escalante, we are hopeful crime will drop even more. Thanks again to TERA, my staff and the community members who came out.

Labels: , ,