Tuesday, October 20, 2009

El Sereno Stallions Homecoming, 15 Years and Still Going Strong

On Sunday I was invited to the El Sereno Stallions Homecoming at Wilson High School. What a great event! The Stallions are celebrating 15 years in the El Sereno community under the direction of Jorge Hernandez. The commitment that the parents, coaches, football players and cheerleaders demonstrate is really inspiring. When I was a young boy, sports were always a part of my life. I wanted to be a baseball player and I was glad to see that Louie Moreno, who was my high school baseball coach, was the MC at the Stallions Homecoming. A big congratulations and thank you is in order to the Stallions head coaches, Joel Cuevas, Lionel Gonzalez, Robin Joseph Sr., Mario Zepeda, Bert Pere, Andy Carrillo and Art Garcia, as well as the many parents and family members who volunteer their time to teach these kids the importance of team spirit and sportsmanship. Playing sports and being involved allows students to be positive role models and teaches the value of hard work, commitment and friendship. Congratulation again to the players and the 2009 court! Great job!




Labels: , , , ,